Changes to reasonable excuses from 29 March 2021:-
If you study in the UK but live abroad, you are permitted to travel outside the UK to return home for the purposes of a university vacation on one occasion before 29 April 2021.
It is a legal requirement to carry a completed copy of the travel declaration form if you travel abroad from England. From 29 March, it will be a legal requirement to carry the form when you begin a journey where you intend to leave the UK
Dear all Malaysian students,
With regards to the latest directive by Malaysian Government on the quarantine process and the latest announcement by the UK Government on the Declaration Form for International Travel (starting 8 March 2021), kindly find below is the checklist for those who plan to go back home in the nearest time.
1) Complete the Travel Declaration Form to confirm that you are legally allowed to travel abroad from England.
- Please visit the UK Government's website below for the list of permitted reasons for international travel and to download the form ; https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-declaration-form-for-international-travel
2) Apply for the Travel Notice from the High Commission of Malaysia
- All Malaysians are required to apply for Travel Notice before flying back to Malaysia.
- In the subject of your e-mail, please write ”APPLICATION OF TRAVEL PERMISSION FOR (YOUR FULL NAME, MALAYSIAN PASSPORT NUMBER) - (DATE, TIME AND THE AIRPORT FOR YOUR DEPARTURE)”
- The High Commission of Malaysia will then check your LoU and passport, and reply you back with the Travel Notice.
- Please print out the LoU as it needs to be signed by the officer at the quarantine centre.
3) Undergo Pre-Departure RT-PCR COVID19 Test (optional; UNLESS REQUIRED BY THE AIRLINE)
- Travellers to Malaysia may opt for the 7 days quarantine by taking the RT-PCR COVID19 Test within 72 hours prior to their arrival in Malaysia.
- For those without negative RT-PCR COVID19 test result before their flight to Malaysia, they will be required to undergo the COVID19 test upon arrival in Malaysia. If the test is negative, the traveller will have to quarantine for 10 days.
- Please contact your airline about the pre-flight RT-PCR COVID 19 test requirement.
4) Booking for Quarantine Center (optional)
- Travellers to Malaysia will be allocated to any government-designated hotel for quarantine OR they may opt for the "premium package" hotel. Please visit https://safetravel.myeg.com.my/ for the list of premium hotels and the booking process.
- For those opted for the normal government-designated hotel, no advance booking is required.
5) Download MySejahtera Application from the Google Play Store.
- Travellers are required to download and activate the MySejahtera App (https://mysejahtera.malaysia.gov.my/intro_en/) three days before departure to Malaysia.
UPON ARRIVAL AT THE KLIA/ POINT OF ENTRY IN MALAYSIA
1) COVID19 Test (for those without the RT-PCR COVID19 test result)
- Arriving passengers without the RT-PCR COVID19 test result need to undergo the COVID19 test at the point of entry in Malaysia.
- Those with the RT-PCR COVID19 test result just need to produce the result at the point entry in Malaysia.
2) Assignment of the Quarantine Centre
- Travellers who opted for the normal quarantine center will be randomly assigned by the official at the point of entry to any government-designated hotel.
- For those who have opted for the Premium Package, please present your hotel booking to the official at the point of entry.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ABOUT THIS NEW DIRECTIVE, PLEASE BROWSE THROUGH THE GARIS PANDUAN HERE.