Malaysian students who plan to begin your study or come back to the UK in near time, please observe the following guideline.
BEFORE YOU TRAVEL TO THE UK
1) Apply for "International Travel Approval" from the Department of Immigration Malaysia via MyTravelPass system; https://mtp.imi.gov.my/myTravelPass/main (ONLY APPLICABLE FOR NEW STUDENTS AND THOSE WHO NEED TO SIT FOR EXAMS ABROAD)
2) Book a direct flight OR avoid flying through "red list" countries (including Oman, Qatar, Turkey and UAE) to avoid 10 days hotel quarantine in the UK.
3) Take a RT-PCR COVID19 test and get a negative result within 3 days before you travel to the UK;
4) Book and pay for a travel test package, which will include COVID19 tests to be taken on or before day 2 and on or after day 8 of your quarantine. For arrival in England, please visit https://www.gov.uk/find-travel-test-providerto book your travel test package and for those who'll be arriving in Northern Ireland and Scotland, please book your test packages at https://quarantinehotels.ctmportal.co.uk/Quarantine/Home.aspx.
5) Complete a passenger locator form; www.gov.uk/provide-journey-contact-details-before-travel-uk any time in the 48hrs before you arrive in the UK
UPON ARRIVAL IN THE UK
1) Quarantine for 10 days in your own accommodation;
2) Take COVID19 tests on day 2 and day 8 of your quarantine
For more info, please read the full guidance here ; https://www.gov.uk/uk-border-control